This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you crave adventure? Join the dynamic GKM team and work on large-scale projects, travel, have fun with state-of-the-art technologies and collaborate with a very diverse pool of professionals while tackling various challenges!
GKM Consultants is a Quebec company that specializes in geotechnical and structural instrumentation projects as well as noise and vibration monitoring. We provide customized and innovative monitoring solutions and have all the resources required to complete the various phases of instrument installation and commissioning throughout construction. Our worldwide operations deliver projects in multiple sectors, including mining, civil engineering, energy and the environment.
We are looking for a dynamic person, committed and willing to make a difference with our customers. This full-time job will be based in Oakville and must be filled as soon as possible.
The Geotechnical Instrumentation Branch Manager will report to the President. You will be responsible for marketing and selling company products and services mostly in the GTA (around 70%) and Western Canada (around 30%). You will contribute to better serving current customers, be responsible for developing new business opportunities and also be responsible for ensuring sound management of the service.
You will have as main responsibilities:
- Promote products and services to potential clients (consulting engineers, business owners, government representatives, major contractors, etc.) and follow up regularly.
- Provide customers with new strategic opportunities with proactive technical solutions related to geotechnical instrumentation.
- Always be in the know when it comes to market trends, our industry and our clients’ projects so you can propose an action plan that will facilitate our company’s growth and achieve our strategic objectives.
- Work on all aspects of the sales process (technical presentations, bids, interactions with suppliers, negotiations with clients, etc.).
- Highlight the potential risks of tendered projects.
- Oversee the application of business contracts.
- Process customer inquiries and orders and review the various documents for the preparation of proposals.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality customer service and provide clients with all the information they request.
- Procurement management, proceeding with purchase orders to suppliers, sales confirmation to clients and invoicing.
- Project management and monitoring as well as service teams including subcontractors.
- Organize structured reminders and follow-ups, including supplier and customer order confirmations and deliveries.
- Monitor invoicing and follow-up on late receivables.
- Complete and maintain company records, including opportunities, quotes, orders and customer information.
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions and conference.
- Perform any other tasks that are compatible with your functions.
- Ensure sound management of the service (operational, financial and human resources).
- Develop and manage the division's budget.
- Create agreements with partners and suppliers and negotiate discounts.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Construction Engineering, Geological, Mining and Mineral Engineering) or other relevant training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in civil, construction or mining industry;
- Specific knowledge of the field of instrumentation;
- General knowledge about markets and applications;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office Suite;
- Excellent estimation skills;
- Know how to write structured documents, including information of a more or less complex and varied nature;
- Customer service oriented; know how to assess needs, advise and assist clients;
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and interpersonal skills;
- Good negotiation skills and recognized for concluding agreements;
- Recognized for your team spirit and teamwork;
- Mobilizing and positive leadership;
- Excellent self-organisation, rigor, work methodology;
- Precise, thorough and disciplined;
- Good stress management ;
- Availability to travel frequently;
- Valid passport and driver’s licence.
Working at GKM is:
- Enjoy a competitive salary and enviable benefits.
- Work in a modern environment, a friendly and pleasant atmosphere.
- Having the flexibility between professional and personal life.
- Be part of an organization recognized for its excellence and the quality of its services.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the company.
Qualified and motivated candidates can submit their curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
For more information on our company, please visit our website www.gkmconsultants.com.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other GKM Consultants's offers that may interest you