This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you crave adventure? Join the dynamic GKM team and work on large-scale projects, travel, have fun with state-of-the-art technologies and collaborate with a very diverse pool of professionals while tackling various challenges!
GKM Consultants is a Quebec company that specializes in geotechnical and structural instrumentation projects as well as noise and vibration monitoring. We provide customized and innovative instrument solutions and have all the resources required to complete the various phases of device installation and commissioning throughout construction. Our worldwide operations deliver projects in multiple sectors, including mining, civil engineering, energy and the environment.
We are looking for a dynamic person, committed and willing to make a difference with our customers. This full-time job is based in Saskatchewan, and must be filled as soon as possible.
About the role
Based at Jansen Mine Site and under the direction of the Project Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to join our team. You will work on a schedule of 14 days on followed by 14 days off. During your rotation, you will be living at the Jansen Mine camp site working 12 hours shift rotating between days and nights. The main duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the installation of geotechnical instrumentation with all parties
- Install different type of geotechnical vibrating wire sensors in underground conditions
- Install temperature sensors with a logging system and a PLC in surface
- Troubleshoot existing Campbell Scientific data loggers
- Liaise with clients and contractors as well as participate at site meetings
The successful candidate will have a College diploma (Civil Engineering, Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering) with a minimum of 1 to 5 years of pertinent experience. In addition to the above, the successful candidate will have an understanding and experience in the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of electricity and programming.
- Basic knowledge in telecommunication.
- Basic knowledge in SCADA systems
- Knowledge in electronics (an asset).
- Knowledge in IT network management (an asset).
- Knowledge in AutoCAD drawings (an asset).
- Good manual skills.
- Excellent self-organisation, rigor, work methodology.
- Good stress management.
- Recognized for your team spirit and teamwork.
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken.
Benefits at GKM:
- Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package;
- Work in a modern, friendly and pleasant atmosphere;
- Having the flexibility between professional and personal life;
- Be part of an organization recognized for its excellence and the quality of its services.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the company.
Qualified and motivated candidates can submit their curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
For more information on our company, please visit our website www.gkmconsultants.com.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Beginner
En : Advanced
Fr : Beginner
En : Advanced
Other GKM Consultants's offers that may interest you