This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you crave adventure? Join the dynamic GKM team and work on large-scale projects, travel, have fun with state-of-the-art technologies and collaborate with a very diverse pool of professionals while tackling various challenges!
GKM Consultants is a Quebec company that specializes in geotechnical and structural instrumentation projects as well as noise and vibration monitoring. We provide customized and innovative instrument solutions and have all the resources required to complete the various phases of device installation and commissioning throughout construction. Our worldwide operations deliver projects in multiple sectors, including mining, civil engineering, energy and the environment.
We are looking for a dynamic person, committed and willing to make a difference with our customers. This full-time job will be based in Sainte-Julie, Quebec, or in Ontario and must be filled as soon as possible.
The Field Engineer will report to the Project Manager of the Engineering services and will have as main responsibilities:
- Lead technically instrumentation mandates;
- Make validation calculations;
- Ensure the quality of work performed;
- Train customers on site and provide them with technical support, as well as our sales team;
- Control the costs of the mandates;
- Assemble data acquisition systems in the workshop;
- Write site reports and verify the documentation to be done by the technicians.
Research and development
- Participate in the testing and validation of new instruments and designs;
- Documenting tests according to the associated tax credits.
- Completed university studies in mining, civil, or other relevant engineering with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the industry.
- Good specific knowledge of the domain.
- Knowledge of instrumentation.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Good abilities to write structured documents, including information of a more or less complex and varied nature.
- Recognized for your expertise in knowing how to asses needs, advise and assist customers.
- Excellent planning and organization skills to meet deadlines.
- Thoroughness, rigor and discipline of his work.
- Recognized for your team spirit and teamwork.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy.
- Good stress management.
- Good manual skills.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken.
- High mobility (you will be called to "fly in fly out").
- Valid passport and driver's license.
- ASP certificate.
Working at GKM is:
- Enjoy a competitive salary and enviable benefits.
- Work in a modern environment, a friendly and pleasant atmosphere.
- Having the flexibility between professional and personal life.
- Be part of an organization recognized for its excellence and the quality of its services.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the company.
Qualified and motivated candidates can submit their curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
For more information on our company, please visit our website www.gkmconsultants.com.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other GKM Consultants's offers that may interest you