This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you crave adventure? Join the dynamic GKM team and work on large-scale projects, travel, have fun with state-of-the-art technologies and collaborate with a very diverse pool of professionals while tackling various challenges!
GKM Consultants is a Quebec company that specializes in geotechnical and structural instrumentation projects as well as noise and vibration monitoring. We provide customized and innovative monitoring solutions and have all the resources required to complete the various phases of instrument installation and commissioning throughout construction. Our worldwide operations deliver projects in multiple sectors, including mining, civil engineering, energy and the environment.
We are looking for a dynamic person, committed and willing to make a difference with our customers. This full-time job will be based in Oakville and must be filled as soon as possible.
The Business Development Manager will report to BD Team Leader. You will be responsible for business development, marketing and selling company products and services mostly in the GTA (around 70%) and Western Canada (around 30%). You will have to contribute to better serving current customers and you will also be responsible for developing new business opportunities, planning and establishing a marketing strategy for products and services in order to achieve the company's growth objectives.
You will have as main responsibilities:
- Implement strategies aimed at achieving the company’s growth objectives and achieve these objectives;
- Promote products and services to potential clients (consulting engineers, business owners, government representatives, major contractors, etc.) and follow up regularly;
- Deliver technical presentations to potential clients;
- Analyze technical needs and specific clauses of calls for tender and draft cost estimates;
- Respond to requests for information from clients;
- Work on all aspects of the sales process (presentations, bids, interactions with suppliers, negotiations with clients, etc.);
- Solicit sales with existing and potential clients and present our entire range of products and services;
- Always be in the know when it comes to market trends, our industry and our clients’ projects so you can propose an action plan that will facilitate our company’s growth and achieve our strategic objectives;
- Ensure the delivery of high quality customer service and provide clients with all the information they request;
- Oversee the application of business contracts;
- Create agreements with partners and suppliers and negotiate discounts;
- Regularly update client information in the company’s IT network;
- Monitor invoicing and follow-up on late receivables;
- Perform any other tasks related to your role.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Construction Engineering, Geological, Mining and Mineral Engineering) or other relevant training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Specific knowledge of the field of instrumentation;
- General knowledge about markets and applications;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office Suite;
- Excellent estimation skills;
- Know how to write structured documents, including information of a more or less complex and varied nature;
- Customer service oriented; know how to assess needs, advise and assist clients;
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and interpersonal skills;
- Good negotiation skills and recognized for concluding agreements;
- Recognized for your team spirit and teamwork;
- Positive leadership;
- Excellent self-organisation, rigor, work methodology;
- Precise, thorough and disciplined;
- Good stress management ;
- Availability to travel frequently;
- Valid passport and driver’s licence.
Working at GKM is:
- Enjoy a competitive salary and enviable benefits.
- Work in a modern environment, a friendly and pleasant atmosphere.
- Having the flexibility between professional and personal life.
- Be part of an organization recognized for its excellence and the quality of its services.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the company
Qualified and motivated candidates can submit their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information on our company, please visit our website www.gkmconsultants.com
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other GKM Consultants's offers that may interest you