This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you crave adventure? Join the dynamic GKM team and work on large-scale projects, have fun with state-of-the-art technologies and collaborate with a very diverse team of professionals while tackling various challenges!
GKM Consultants is a Quebec company that specializes in geotechnical and structural instrumentation projects as well as noise and vibration monitoring. We provide customized and innovative monitoring solutions and have all the resources required to complete the various phases of instrument installation and commissioning throughout construction. Our worldwide operations deliver projects in multiple sectors, including mining, civil engineering, energy and the environment.
We are looking for a dynamic person, committed and willing to make a difference in our organization. This full-time job will be based in Sainte-Julie and must be filled as soon as possible.
The accounting technician will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of accounting information and will have the following main responsibilities:
- Perform the activities of the accounting cycle, including data entry;
- Perform bank reconciliation;
- Prepare year-end entries;
- Reconcile general ledger accounts;
- Participate in the year-end audit process;
- Analyze the GL accounts that will be used to prepare the periodic financial statements;
- Ensure the periodic updating of financial reports intended for the owners;
- Ensure and verify inventory tracking processes;
- Participate in the budget process;
- Record and control accounts payable;
- Be responsible for the invoicing cycle and follow-up of accounts receivable;
- Implement controls on purchases;
- Prepare fiscal compliance reports and GST/QST returns;
- Make monthly, quarterly and year-end government reports and submissions;
- Make deposits;
- Maintaining up-to-date vacation and sick days records in the employee's file;
- Assist in the billing and payroll process and processing;
- Perform various analyses when requested;
- Perform all other related duties.
- DCS or certificate (diploma of college studies) in accounting;
- Five years’ experience in a similar role in a SME;
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite, proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of payroll processes and laws (an asset);
- Basic knowledge of GST, QST and other tax rules (an asset);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organizational skills, planning, rigor and methodology at work;
- Recognized for your team spirit and teamwork;
- Ability to work independently with time constraints;
- Good stress management;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Analytical skills;
- Perfectly bilingual (English and French).
Working at GKM is:
- Enjoy a competitive salary and enviable benefits.
- Work in a modern environment, a friendly and pleasant atmosphere.
- Having the flexibility between professional and personal life.
- Be part of an organization recognized for its excellence and the quality of its services.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the company.
Qualified and motivated candidates can submit their résumé to email@example.com.
For more information on our company, please visit our website www.gkmconsultants.com.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other GKM Consultants's offers that may interest you