This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.Job Description
As a Software Developer you will be responsible for contributing to the creation, maintenance, and support of all Audio Functionality within the General Motors Infotainment system. Your contributions will enable customers to enjoy a premium audio experience.
What we need you to do:
- Contribute as a designer and developer to design, code, and release software for an Android / multi-process RTOS OS such as QNX
- Participate in the implementation of the Vehicle Audio Control Service
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment Software
- Participate in feature requirements analysis and test-case design review
- Participate in feature prototyping, testing, and refinement
- Participate in improving and tailoring existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally
- 3+ years designing and developing in C++ or Java
- Experience in object-oriented software development, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Exposure providing guidance, leadership, and mentoring to team members
- Ability to investigate issues based on limited information. Demonstrated high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other General Motors Canada's offers that may interest you