This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Are you ready to suit up?
As you are here on this page, you must be someone who is interested in pursuing their career in the security industry, or currently looking for new oppurtunites to advance within this field. As you already know GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company, offering cash services, physical and specialized security solutions. We do our best to protect our clients’ staff and assets, wherever they are in the world.
We are currently hiring for a Part time Security Guard for our client who is locally owned and operates a chain of retail cannabis stores in Blenheim. Since you will be supporting the cannabis dispensary, we are essentially looking for someone who is customer oriented and has presence of mind to deter any suspicious activity on the site. You would additionally be protecting the merchandise/property, checking I.D’s and managing access control. To summarize it would be loss/theft prevention with Hands off approach. The pay would be between 16-17$/Hour.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide excellent customer service to everyone on the property
- Access control and maintain social distancing within the retail cannabis store
- Ensure loss prevention and theft prevention
- Assist visitors, guests and the retail's staff with respect to safety, requests for directions, escorts, package transportation, lost vehicles, etc.
- Apply property rules and regulations in a fair and responsible manner
- Write daily and incident reports
- Intervene during medical emergencies and provide first aid
- Facilitate access to authorized persons to restricted areas
- Answer and follow up on phone calls received by the security service
- Monitor the fire alarm system and fire extinguisher system
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Complete uniform
- Diverse work assignements
- Career development and advancement, and training opportunities
What we’re looking for
- Valid Security Guard licence AND valid standard first aid & CPR
- CannSell certificate a bonus but not necessary as we would pay to get it if you do not have it already at the time of hire
- Professional deportment
- Excellent customer service
- Proactive, attention-to-detail, self-motivated, team player
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Previous experience in security (asset)
Interested? Please apply online or send your resume to email@example.com
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 682248900
Other GardaWorld's offers that may interest you