This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Site Security Manager Milton
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to criminal police information check (CPIC), credit references if applicable, work reference checks, minimum age requirements and minimum education requirements (high school or foreign equivalency, or earned GED) Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
- Liaise with site security personnel on issues concerning unauthorized site access, critical investigations, executive protection, policy review, and site safety. Implement response plans to site issues.
- Liaise with G4S clients or nominated third parties on security related matters such as capital projects, inclement weather and other site related emergencies, and provide security representation on site committees.
- Liaise with and respond to G4S client’s direction and site management regarding site issues such as workplace violence, employee terminations, and reductions in staff.
- Develop, recommend, and implement site security procedures and local assignment instructions. Implement site security procedures, policies, and guidelines issued by G4S client’s security.
- Manage the security response to visits by investigative and regulatory agencies, and notify such visits to G4S client’s security and site management.
- Manage the response to site incidents, and ensure that all information is properly documented on the daily logs and the incident reporting database.
- Manage the security response as the first point of contact for all emergency services.
- Manage, monitor, respond, and make proper notifications in response to alarm activations initiated by the site access control/alarm monitoring/CCTV systems, fire alarm systems, site emergency number, and third party monitoring sites.
- Operate and update site emergency notification systems, including various databases
- Provide security duties at designated locations as specified in the site assignment instructions.
- Monitor compliance with applicable G4S client’s policies and procedures including screening as required.
- Manage the response of security personnel to site emergencies.
- Manage the issuance, replacement, and deletion of ID badges and the input of badge information. Ensure that employee photos and verifications are completed in close proximity to the new hire’s start date.
- Manage the process for ensuring that all screenings are entered, updated, and deleted from the HR system as required.
- Manage the visitor screening and badging process.
- Manage, respond and investigate any reports of suspicious packages during the mail screening process.
- Provide G4S client’s with additional support during terminations and any special events or after-hour activities.
- Manage the parking enforcement program.
- Manage and track any permits in relation to property removal, hotwork, lockout/tagout systems.
- Manage all security staff training including initial and refresher training.
- Perform security awareness training for new G4S client’s staff
- Perform weekend and after hour patrols of site to identify leaks, hazards, security breaches, or any other related issues as specified in the AI’s.
- Manage the prompt reporting and follow-up response to issues concerning any defects or failures of the security equipment to the party/supplier responsible for security equipment maintenance (SEM). Monitor the responses to SEM notifications and escalate to the SEM provider management when necessary. Ensure that response to SEM calls, including repair and preventative maintenance are completed and the system works as expected.
- Manage the maintenance of all records and documentation in accordance with G4S Clients’ retention policy.
- Identify training needs against job roles and ensure that all security personnel are trained in compliance with required policies and Procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Acting with professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace
- Motivates, supports and inspires direct reports; builds strong, cohesive teams
- High School Diploma and/or College/University Education
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
- Valid Security Guard Licence (Full)
- Completed the Professional Level 1 Security Guard Training Course (40 Hours)
- Valid Criminal Record and Child Abuse Checks
- 5+ years Experience as a Security Guard
- 5+ years Experience in a Supervisory Role
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. G4STP2239755217361
Other G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd.'s offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Bilingual (English & French) Call Centre Operator - $500 Hiring Bonus | Mississauga,ON
- Job posting | Incident Reporting Center Operator - Bilingual (English & French) - $500 Hiring Bonus | Mississauga,ON
- Job posting | High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site | Etobicoke,ON