This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
G4S / Allied Universal - Security Guard
In April 2021, G4S, a London-based global security company, was acquired by Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company that provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions. We are building an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports and celebrates a diverse workplace. We offer more than just a job-we offer careers. We have countless examples of individuals who began their careers as Security Professionals that today hold positions on our senior leadership team. Hiring Bonuses are being offered in select locations. Start your phenomenal career with us today!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S /Allied Universal., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer-friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site-specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record-keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED
- Shifts may vary from Days/Evenings/Overnights - flexible availability is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positions may require the use of a computer for report writing and communications
- Applicants with security experience or Valid Drivers Licence and clean Abstract may be considered for more advanced positions
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company that provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions. We are building an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports and celebrates a diverse workplace.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 71816
Other G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd.'s offers that may interest you