This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT ''JOBS'' TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- You will play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner and project a professional image to both the public and the client.
- Be alert and attentive at all times and any occurrences reported immediately to SOC
- Ensure there are no traffic tie ups, double parking or unattended vehicles in marked areas
- Be courteous and firm when dealing with drivers and/or passengers who are in anyway impeding the flow of traffic in front of the terminal building
- Other security-related duties as assigned from time to time by G4S client’s and G4S management.
- Recognize the importance of all customers and the role every G4S Employee plays in influencing our client’s and their customers’ perceptions. While engaged in security operations, it is a G4S employee’s responsibility to be professional, reliable, credible, responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
- Ensure that all safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and or site emergencies.
- Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace.
- Respond and react to any and all emergency situations that may occur at the workplace and client facilities within the scope of a G4S security guard.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up to date, notes, incident reports and information
- Maintain the client’s property and facilities in accordance with local trespass legislation, property acts and/or other laws effecting a client’s property.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements.
- Ability to stand/ walk for long periods of time
- Applicants with security experience may be considered for more advance positions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Skills Required:
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Superior customer service orientation
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 71781
Other G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd.'s offers that may interest you