This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Discover your next adventure!
Spend your days surrounded by the beauty of Lake Simcoe. Friday Harbour is committed to providing Associates with a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, and encourages and assists with personal career growth within our team.
Friday Harbour Resort is located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members, and guests a one in a kind experience. Welcoming guests to enjoy our lakeside amenities, take a walk down the boardwalk, support local businesses, enjoy a round of golf with friends or spend the evening enjoying dinner with locally sourced ingredients. As we continue to grow our growing resort, we are looking for outstanding associates to join our Friday Harbour team.
The Lead Cook works in all areas of the kitchen including food production, standards and kitchen sanitation. This position plays a large part in the actual production and execution of each dish on a designated service station.
- Organize and prepare mise en place
- Follow recipes and measure and mix ingredients to prepare soups, salads, gravies, sauces and entrees
- Prepare meat, fish, vegetables and other foods for roasting, broiling, grilling, braising, sautéing and steaming
- Portion food products prior to cooking per standard portion size and recipe specification
- Follow proper plating presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Assist with cutting, precooking and marinating during off peak periods
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Ensure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions and health and safety standards
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward associates and customers
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Culinary education and training required
- Red Seal certificate an asset
- Food Handlers Certification
- 2-3 years of culinary experience in food service or hospitality industry
- Knowledge of food pricing
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Works well as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of computer skills in Word, Excel, Publisher
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
Join our team and make every day feel like Friday.
*All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Friday Harbour Resort Holdings Inc's offers that may interest you