This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
A new path awaits you at Friday Harbour Resort. Our team is made up of
exceptional associates who are passionate about providing luxury
Friday Harbour is committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents and encourages and nurtures skills which allow associates to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family.
Friday Harbour is an all seasons resort that provides full time, part time and seasonal career opportunities paired with a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension. Apply today to become a part of our team!
Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
The Application Support Attendant’s main responsibility is to help end users with the operation and functionality of software applications purchased for Friday Harbour. Acting as a liaison to key business units they will be responsible for analyzing the needs and requirements including implementation, training and ongoing support for all Resort business and systems applications. This will include all application areas from both guest facing solutions as well as back of house configuration including data management and reporting.
- Provide business application support in the form of installation, setup, configuration, reporting and ongoing support for Resort business systems including point of sales, property management systems, financial systems and Office 365
- Report writing including and understanding of SQL
- Document and track matters through help desk applications or project management information system
- Provide group and individual end user training on key business applications including business application processes
- Provide end user support and problem resolution either on-site or via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication
- Constantly seek opportunities for business and systems process improvement
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Communicate solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner
- Follow up with end users to ensure issue has been resolved
- Assist colleagues with providing basic technical support with software, hardware and network problems
- Prioritize help desk tickets according to severity
- Troubleshoot matters related to network printer, PC hardware, email, internet, VPN and local area network access
- Follow and enforce all departmental standards, security, run instructions, backup, recovery and shift turnover
- Support department with setup and installation of various applications and hardware components and cabling
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Recognized university degree/diploma majoring in computer science and/or equivalent field
- 3+ years’ experience working with a large organization supporting business applications
- Previous I.T. Business Analyst experience implementing and supporting applications
- Experience with point of sales, hospitality, and property management based systems
- Experience with LS Retail, Dynamics NAV, Silverware or Maestro PMS considered an asset
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
*All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Friday Harbour Resort Holdings Inc's offers that may interest you