- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Nurse Practitioner - Creekside Withdrawal Management Unit
Nurse Practitioner - Creekside Withdrawal Management Unit Posting Number 1190432
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 26,000 employees, 2,600 physicians and nearly 8,000 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Fraser Health has twelve acute care hospitals, a dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre, and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. BC is known as one of the most desirable places to live in the world. The many dynamic communities within Fraser Health include inspiring scenery and accessibility to an abundance of outdoor activities.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, professionalism and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding role as a Nurse Practitioner for Creekside Withdrawal Management Unit located at Surrey, BC.
Does this sound like the Nurse Practitioner professional you want to be?
- The responsibility and accountability for the comprehensive assessment of patients/clients/residents;
- The ability to Initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribe medications;
- The opportunity to practice autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary health care team while providing professional mentorship to other health providers
- Identifies and assesses trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities and develops and implements population and evidence based strategies to improve health and participates in policy-making activities that influence health services and practices.
- The position participates in peer review and self-review to evaluate the outcome of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level.
Key areas of involvement include:
- Prescribes drugs within the statutory and regulatory standards, limits, and conditions;
- Diagnoses and treats previously undiagnosed patients/clients/residents and conditions within the Nurse Practitioner’s scope of practice;
- Writes orders for treatment and medications; provides first line care in emergencies;
- Leads ongoing care, orders appropriate screening diagnostic investigations and interprets reports of investigations and analyzes information;
- Establishes priorities for management of health, diseases, disorders, and conditions;
- Provides follow-up treatment; communicates with patients/clients/residents and families about health findings, diagnoses and priorities, outcomes and prognoses and supports and counsels patients/clients/residents in their responses to diseases, disorders and conditions;
- Collaborates and consults with physicians or other health care and social service providers as appropriate to assess and diagnose patient/client/resident status;
- Assigns work to other nursing and health care personnel and evaluates work and provides education and supervision as necessary; hires staff, and evaluates staff performance;
- Participates in research contributing to improved patient/client/resident care and advances in nursing, health policy development and population health;
- Maintains population health focus by implementing screening and health promotion activities for populations at risk;
- Participates in interdisciplinary staff and nursing education through case presentations, mentoring, role modeling and facilitating the exchange of knowledge in the classroom, the clinical setting and the community; fosters health care partnerships;
- Develops implements, and evaluates policies and procedures related to nursing, interdisciplinary care, and health system practices;
- Performs other duties as required.
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have:
- Current provisional/practicing registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Relevant, clinical nursing experience
Professional/Technical capabilities will include your clinical knowledge and real passion for providing quality, compassionate care to motivate and inspire others.
This is a casual position, if this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields
- Excellent salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage
Apply now and we can continue the conversation and explore you joining our team supporting our employees to provide the best possible care to the patients they serve.
Fraser Health values diversity within the workplace.