This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ICED (Implantable Cardiac Electronic Devices) Coordinator Posting Number 1313129
Bring your demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills and comprehensive knowledge of healthcare delivery systems to a role where you can really make a difference as you prioritize and coordinate the appropriate placement of Fraser Health patients requiring Implantable Cardiac Devices in Cardiac Services at the Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) and Jim Pattison Outpatient Centre (JPOC). In direct collaboration with Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons, lead evaluation and maintenance of a cardiovascular waitlist management system & database to prioritize & facilitate patient placement.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, integrity and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
This role is responsible to:
- Develops, implements and manages an effective cardiovascular waitlist management system for RCH and Fraser Health;
- Collaborates with Cardiologists, Internists, other Cardiovascular Coordinators and the British Columbia Cardiac Registry in the development, implementation and maintenance of a current, complete and accurate database for all patients awaiting cardiac device insertion;
- Maintains current waiting lists, identifying patients exceeding recommended maximum waiting times and ensures statistics for waiting lists and cases completed are complete and recorded in the database;
- Facilitates continuity of flow for cardiovascular patients from initial booking to post-discharge rehabilitation and follow-up care and ensures that all appropriate pre-operative diagnostics are complete;
- Establishes systems for notification for cardiologists and referring physicians of changes in patients’ conditions and collaborates with physicians to develop options to facilitate patients having procedures completed within recommended waiting time guidelines;
- Acts as a key liaison for external and internal providers and patients; provides pertinent information to stakeholders to facilitate decision-making and timely access to care;
- Addresses system gaps impacting quality of patient care such as pre-admission patient education, communication of wait list status information to physicians, ongoing telephone support to wait- listed patients;
- Prepares and presents monthly statistics to the cardiac program team; responsible for quality improvement projects to optimize program effectiveness and efficiency.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a health discipline such as nursing, cardio-technology, perfusion, health administration, or related clinical discipline,
- Five (5) years’ recent related cardiac experience in a complex tertiary care acute environment, supplemented with experience in research/patient registry databases, report writing, quality improvement measurement and program development.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
This is a full-time position based at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Fraser Health Authority's offers that may interest you