This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Consultant, Primary Care Provider Contracts Posting Number 1287217
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and resourcefulness of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Are you looking for that job that will allow you to make a positive difference while honing your contract experience?
As a Consultant, Primary Care Provider Contracts you will be responsible for establishing the contract management system and processes within the Primary Care portfolio. This will include supporting the regional Primary Care Portfolio planning, analysis and decision support related to physician and nurse practitioner (NP) contracts, group contracts and funding, including alternate payments and third party contracts.
In this position your primary responsibilities include:
- Provide timely, relevant, reliable and clear information with appropriate supporting data analyses and review of alternatives to inform the planning and decision making for physician, NP and third party service provision within Primary Care;
- Prepare drafts for contact proposals and assists in the negotiations of new or renewed contracts; provide expert advice on the interpretation of contracts, as needed.
- Own the implementation of physician billing and service volume reporting processes for new physicians, NP’s and third party contracts to ensure reporting processes include appropriate and adequate financial controls; collaborate with physicians, Primary Care Directors, Finance, Physician Contracts and Ministry of Health officials to ensure all partner needs are met.
- Collaborate with Physician Contracts and Finance to develop, implement and evaluate quality assurance guidelines for all physician performance measurement outputs to ensure consistent and reliable information; performs corrective action, as required.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business Administration, Health or a related field
- 5 years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This is a temporary full time position which is available until March 31, 2020.
A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
Phenomenal opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
A chance to create a difference in the world of health care.
Apply today, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve! We value diversity in the workforce and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you, do it.
Curious to know what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram(@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights!
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Fraser Health Authority's offers that may interest you