This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Consultant, Physician Services Posting Number 1376445
Bring your unique blend of expertise in medical and surgical services, knowledge of physician education pathways, and analytical and critical thinking skills to a key opportunity as Consultant, Physician Services, as we move forward with exciting and strategic initiatives to further our vision of Better Health, Best in Health Care for British Columbians!
As a key member of the Medical Affairs team, you will have a pivotal role in supporting the department’s planning, analysis and decision support related to physician contracts and funding. You will provide consultative direction on compensation and related contract provisions for our physicians, and will be responsible for ensuring compensation provisions are consistent with the Physician Master Agreement and Fraser Health policies and procedures.
Your well-developed people and facilitation skills are key for success as you work with numerous stakeholders and build strong linkages within the organization with Senior Medical Leaders, Executive leadership, and Finance. External relationships include those with physicians, HEABC, the Ministry of Health, and other Health Authorities.
Your specific duties will include:
- Providing expertise and consultation to assigned clients to develop and support high quality physician services that are provided with value for public dollars
- Providing project and/or change management services on physician-related transformation initiatives
- Leading negotiations with contracted service providers, program areas, and external stakeholders
- Representing Physicians Services and FH on provincial committees and working groups to improve the effective management of physician contracts and ensure consistent application of provincial standards
- Providing progress monitoring and reporting to assigned clients and/or operational contract managers by articulating quality measures within contracts
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration or Business Administration (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Five (5) years of recent, related experience in healthcare at a high degree of complexity in an area related to medical practitioners, leadership, relationship building, quality assurance, strategic initiative development and implementation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You are detail and service oriented, highly organized and proficient with spreadsheets and data base applications. You bring demonstrated experience in written correspondence, including the ability to document and convey complex compensation decisions and report on issues to a variety of groups.
If this sounds like great role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- This is a full time opportunity based at our Central City offices in Surrey BC, with an opportunity to work from home in a hybrid manner, and is easily assessable by rapid transit making your commute easy.
- A career with FH will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve.
We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Fraser Health Authority's offers that may interest you