This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
- Develops and implements orientation and professional development programs for staff by methods such as responding to requests, completing learning needs assessments of an individual nurse and/or clinical area and determining educational requirements. Revises education programs on the basis of pre-identified learning needs, patient/client outcomes, standards of practice, introduction of new skills/procedures and current theory/research. Evaluates effectiveness of programs to ensure educational program objectives are met and to determine opportunities for quality improvement.
- In collaboration with the interprofessional team, delivers educational activities to staff by methods such as teaching, facilitating groups, mentoring and conducting formal presentations, demonstrations and lectures. Arranges sessions in collaboration with staff to determine time, frequency and duration to ensure effective use of resources. Maintains records and schedules staff into sessions as appropriate.
- Role models best practice, clinical concepts and skills to staff/students. Provides information based on application of theories, concepts, and principles reflective of Professional Practice approaches and educator competencies. Promotes compliance with professional standards of practice and supports excellence in patient and family centred care.
- Participates in quality improvement and risk management activities related to the assigned initiatives by evaluating the effect of the education programs and generating recommendations for alternative educational approaches.
- In collaboration with the interprofessional team, reviews selected policies, procedures and protocols; provides feedback and recommendation for evidence based revisions.
- Facilitates the resolution of practice concerns and advocates for the goals and objectives of the assigned initiative including reviewing relevant client care documentation with the intent to promote improvements to patient and family centred care and efficient and safe practice.
- Provides consultation to managers and relevant staff regarding the development of individual learning plans aimed at performance improvement.
- Assists the Directors, Leaders and Clinical Practice Consultants in the development or redesign of education or orientation programs.
- Consults with internal and external partners guided by evidence to ensure educational content is evidence based and reflects current best practice.
- Participates in selected research activities by methods such as collaborating with members of the interprofessional team, promoting staff awareness and identifying practice concerns that require research, collecting and interpreting data and providing input for further analysis as required.
- In collaboration with the Directors, Leaders, and Clinical Practice Consultants, sets measurable performance goals and objectives including maintaining and updating own knowledge and education.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). Three years recent related experience, including at least one year of teaching and educational program development experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid B.C. driver’s license. Personal vehicle for work related purposes.
- Demonstrated instructional skills in small, medium and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and facilitate learning of staff and/or students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, design and revise education programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction in a coaching/mentoring role.
- Demonstrated ability to role model.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability in project planning.
- Demonstrated ability to apply research to practice in an innovative, self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a continuously changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and promote change.
- Knowledge of research processes and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment, including relevant word processing/spreadsheet/presentation software, educational technologies, and learning management platforms.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Other Fraser Health Authority's offers that may interest you