This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Clerk, Accounts Receivable Posting Number 1302847
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, come join our team.
Fraser Health Authority is growing, the kind of growth you want to be a part of as you maximize the opportunity to improve and expand your skills. We are the largest and fastest growing Health Authority in Canada. Over 25, 000 employees, 2,500 physicians and 6,500 volunteers provide a wide range of integrated health care services to over 1.6 million people living in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs. Bring your positive energy and your excellent interpersonal and people skills to the challenging and rewarding role of Relief Full Time Clerk, Accounts Receivable to our Finance Department at Uptown Latitude Building- New Westminster. Develop new skills working with experienced Accounting professionals and share our dedication to provide quality service to our clients.Build on your career experience as you:
- Maintains patient accounts by reviewing and checking information related to the patient account, and processing required adjustments such as preparing vouchers or refunds, and posting from journal to the accounts receivable ledger.
- Processes billings and claims by electronically submitting, printing, checking and adjusting as required. Bills, claims, and issues statements for patient and other similar accounts.
- Reconciles account balances by matching information such as invoices issued, payments received and refunds, identifying differences and rectifying variances by preparing adjustment/reversal information such as journal vouchers and credit balance refunds.
- Responds to patient inquiries in person or by telephone by providing written or verbal responses. Prepares claim forms and itemized statements for patients as required.
- Reviews the aged trial balance for outstanding accounts and follows up on delinquent accounts by performing duties such as initiating telephone contact or written correspondence, following re-billing procedures, and utilizing system notes, all according to established procedure.
- Reviews inpatient and outpatient admission records to ensure complete and accurate information necessary for billing. Enters charges and payments into the billing systems from source documents. In some systems, will be required to determine appropriate charges and general ledger codes.
- Records and reports statistical and financial information related to accounts receivable to the supervisor as required.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of recognized accounting course.
- Two (2) year’s recent, related experience.
- Ability to type 45 WPM
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
Bring your resourcefulness and effective problem solving skills to a role where you can really make a difference. In this dynamic role you will provide support to the Coordinator, Accounts ReceivableValued Benefits
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our dedication to provide quality care to our patients and clients. We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Fraser Health Authority's offers that may interest you