This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
AZ Truck Driver - Construction
Awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed companies in 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Forest Group of Companies is a vertically integrated diversified group of companies offering exterior construction material supply and services within the Greater Toronto Area. Focused on asphalt paving, concrete, municipal site services, landscape construction and other exterior construction, Forest has provided quality solutions for over 20 years.
We are currently looking for an AZ Truck Driver - Constructionto join our growing team!
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the AZ Driver will be responsible for operating a variety of Forest Contractor Ltd.’s commercial motor vehicles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Safely and effectively operating a tri-axle truck and trailer or a tractor hauling a live bottom.
- Reporting and communicating effectively with dispatchers, foremen and supervisors.
- Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensuring float equipment is on time and at the correct location allowing for traffic, weather, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment as per Forest Contractors Ltd.’s maintenance practices and procedures as well as manufacturers specifications.
- Following all applicable Federal (i.e., Transport Canada), Provincial (i.e., MTO) and local/jurisdictional legislation including but not limited to logbooks, weight restrictions, cargo securement and Highway Traffic Act regulations.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A valid AZ drivers license
- A current (within 30 days) Commercial Vehicle Operators Record (CVOR).
- Drivers with experience floating equipment are preferred.
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- A safety conscious attitude.
- The ability to drive safely in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of all CVOR requirements such as logbooks, hours of service, cargo securement, trip inspections, pre-trip inspections, etc.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits plan together with excellent career growth potential.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Accidental death insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Registered retirement savings plan
Social activities organized by the company
Vision care insurance
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Forest Group's offers that may interest you