This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Accidental death insurance
Company supplied uniform
Floating leave days
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Professional training and development program
Regional disparity bonus
Reimbursement of tuition fees
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Combat engineers main duties are to help troops overcome obstacles and build safe defence works. They ensure that troops can live, move and fight on battlefields. They also operate a wide variety of heavy vehicles and work in collaboration with the other combat branches: Infantry, Armour and Artillery. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC339E3
- Construct and maintain roads, airfields, heliports, bridges, causeways, rafts, permanent and temporary buildings
- Construct field defences and obstacles
- Provide drinking water by testing, purifying and filtering local supplies and by constructing local distribution systems
- Detect and dispose of mines and bulk explosives
- Demolish roads and bridges, and lay minefields to prevent enemy movement
- Maintain and operate engineering equipment, including weapons, vehicles, heavy equipment and supplies
- Provide engineer communications on the battlefield
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Highway Construction Foreman
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Rough Carpenter
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you