This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Accidental death insurance
Company supplied uniform
Floating leave days
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Paid sick leave
Professional training and development program
Regional disparity bonus
Reimbursement of tuition fees
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Ammunition Technicians are responsible for all Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) ammunition, explosive stockpiles, as well as ammunition and explosives safety programs. They also perform technical inspections, tests, proofs, maintenance, modification and disposal of all CAF ammunition and explosives.
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC169E3
- Provide advice on all ammunition and explosive safety matters
- Manage the storage of ammunition and explosives
- Prepare and ship ammunition and explosives
- Maintain static facilities, field and deployed installations
- Perform render safe and disposal procedures on explosive ordnances
- Certify ammunition, explosive items, munitions and non-munitions scrap to different degrees of classification
- Conduct improvised explosive devices disposal operations
- Operate equipment in support of operations
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Engineering and regulatory inspectors
- Material handlers
- Civilian Ammunition Technician
- Civilian Explosive Ordnance Disposal Range Clearance Operator
- Heavy Industrial Machinery Operator
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 56 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- to have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Canadian Armed Forces's offers that may interest you