This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Senior Staff, you will be a part of our Indirect Tax Practice. You will be part of a team who identifies planning opportunities to help clients minimize their tax burden as well as fulfill compliance responsibilities and avoid penalties. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior, you will primarily be responsible for working on indirect tax advisory engagements. You will be using cutting-edge technology and working with team-oriented colleagues
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate an understanding of indirect tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Independently manage different engagements
- Develop and deliver timely services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Identify opportunities for indirect tax engagements
- Carry out technical research, draft memos, letters of opinion and various reports as part of the application of a client’s detailed indirect tax review
- Prepare practical and creative solutions applicable to the client’s tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis on law, accounting, finance or a related field and 2-3 years of relevant indirect tax experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Advanced written and verbal skills
- Fluently bilingual (written and verbal)
- A commitment to learning in a technology environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Mature, proactive, committed, highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other EY Canada's offers that may interest you