- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 18th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The EY Centre of Excellence for Global Immigration provides and manages a range of business immigration services to multinational clients who send employees, and their families, to work and live in over 160 countries around the world. These services typically centre on the compliance risk issues associated with managing and filing work and visa applications, anticipating and addressing subsequent work permit/visa extensions and other ancillary matters. Within the Global Immigration COE there are 4 practice areas: Global Coordination Service, Consular Support Service, Business Travel Support Service and Immigration Advisory Service.
The COE has a very busy, client service focused environment and team members have high levels of contact with corporate clients, assignees, government agencies and immigration professionals at all levels, from different cultural and national backgrounds. Given the nature of the service, the department's core working hours cover 8.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday; however, there is an occasional requirement to work outside these hours according to clients' needs and different time zones.
Your key responsibilities
The role of Senior Global Immigration Coordinator involves day-to-day support to the management team in all aspects of global immigration relative to our corporate client accounts. Typically the activities of the Senior Global Immigration Coordinator will fall under the supervision of an Engagement Manager and/or Engagement Partner and can range from gathering information, supervising immigration support staff, designing and implementing process, status reporting, drafting visa applications and other documentation, to liaising with clients and Government departments and much more.
The Senior Global Immigration Coordinator will have direct contact with corporate client. The Senior Global Immigration Coordinator will be required to have a good understanding of immigration processes in multiple jurisdictions and should have a minimum of between 3-7 years of immigration or mobility experience in-house or with a recognized immigration service provider.
General Duties Include:
• Communicating with HR and/or clients to obtain information, to provide updates
• Managing engagement finances and foreign office invoicing process
• Ensuring that management is advised of client issues and escalations when they arise
• Participate and lead global team meetings or training sessions
• May be required to attend seminars and professional development courses that are relevant to area of speciality
• Owning any ad hoc projects or pulling together spreadsheets of information as required by senior and/or management
• Act as engagement manager for several client accounts
• Providing timely responses to client queries
• Building strong relationships with EY local immigration teams
• Managing program reporting and analytics
• Manage client expectations regarding upcoming expiries and required actions
• Understanding basic immigration processing categories and requirements for a variety of foreign jurisdictions
• Manage any escalations with the client or EY local team
• Researching of current processing requirements at consulates and relevant foreign government immigration authorities
• Drafting of consular visa applications and coordinating the filing process
• Managing client expectations regarding timing of process and required documentation
• Manage any escalations with engagement manager or partner
Business Travel Support:
• Assessing business traveller information against business travel rules
• Immigration subject matter expert support (broader HR/Mobility/Talent projects)
• Immigration (policy and process review and design
• Immigration program implementation and service integration
• Immigration program review, assessment and design
• Immigration audit coordination
• HR transactions immigration impact assessments and planning support (M&A, Divestiture)
• Speed of deployment planning and advice
• Workforce planning support
• Delegate appropriate work to Immigration Support Service team (ISS)
• Delegate appropriate work to local country immigration professionals
• Participate actively in global immigration team meetings and training sessions
• Drafting visa applications and supporting documentation
• Assisting with colleague caseload as required
Skills and attributes for success
• Proven ability to multi-task and deliver accurately to tight deadlines
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Good people supervision skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• 2 - 4 years of Global Immigration or related industry experience
• IT literate - Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint (MS Visio is desirable)
• Experience working in a client facing role is preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make
things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.