This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability practice to respond to our client’s growing need of guidance in key areas, including social and environmental sustainability, climate change, sustainable finance, and environment, health & safety (EHS). Our services are varied, but include strategy and implementation, impact measurement, assessment of policies, programs and management systems, assurance over sustainability-related data and greenhouse gas emission verification.
We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy. Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCASS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Senior Consultant, you’ll play a key role in that growth with the provision of EHS advisory services.
Working across many industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendation.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, the nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. That means you’ll need to think on your feet and challenge existing practices to develop answers to complex issues. You’ll also be collaborating with colleagues across multiple service lines, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and identify opportunities for our clients to benefit from our knowledge in other areas. Regular travel across Canada will be required as you will be meeting with key clients, some of those being the most respected in their field.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to participate in a variety EHS consulting & auditing engagements, including, but no limited to strategy, enterprise safety culture transformation, EHS management system, implementation support, audit programs
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to contribute to IT consulting engagements, such as software selection and implementation, business process mapping, project management in the areas of EHS, Sustainability and Risk
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team leaders on progress
- Support client relationships, business development and account management efforts
- Build strong internal relationships with other services across the organization
- Energetic, passionate and entrepreneurial spirit
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- University degree in the fields of Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental management
- 6 year’s consulting experience with a focus on EHS risks and opportunities and/or operational safety. Experience should cover strategy evaluation and development, management system design and implementation, process improvement and reporting. At least two of the following areas of expertise: environment, occupational health &safety, industrial hygiene or operational risk.
- Bilingualism (French - English) is preferred, while English is necessary for the currently envisioned work.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Experience in using or implementing IT platforms, preferably in the area of EHS, such as SAP, Enablon, Sphera, Process Map, Medgate.
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for environmental experience - we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture -built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other EY Canada's offers that may interest you