This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex accounting and finance process issues across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find a culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As a FAAS Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. In Canada, our FAAS team consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting processes as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS Manager, you will help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. You will partner with them to achieve their potential in accounting standards policy implementation and convergence, acquisitions, divestitures or optimization/restructuring. In addition, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical accounting experience in IFRS, US GAAP and ASPE in either a consulting or financial statement preparation role
- Ability to do independent accounting research using a variety of sources and apply to transactions or contracts to develop or recommend accounting recommendations and disclosure examples. Experience writing and reviewing memos or technical consultation papers defining the transaction, relevant guidance applied, contrasting applications and recommended approach
- Experience in locating examples of disclosure and reporting examples for different transactions and accounting standards using publicly available information. The ability to compare and contrast difference examples to both accounting standards and industry norms
- Experience in process improvement or transformation related to the finance function. Ability to map processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of finance processes
- Ability to lead a team of experienced professionals to delivery services to clients with various deadlines. Ability to prioritize, set goals and report status to clients and EY executives throughout engagement
- Presentation skills to explain complex topics to senior business leaders, both with or without technical accounting expertise. Use of presentation tools and software an asset
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan, manage and participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards to various transactions, assessing financial and governance processes, assisting with accounting framework transitions, comparisons of different company practices, developing and providing tailored training, etc.).
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs.
- Supervise engagement teams including delegation and review of work performed.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching. Lead by example.
- Establish and maintain relationships with client management.
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of new economic developments and their impacts on clients.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team, focusing on diversity and inclusiveness.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills.
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams.
- Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience along with a Canadian CPA designation
- Audit or business experience in financial statement preparation or the application of accounting standards in a consulting or external audit capacity
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to application of complex accounting standards, finance process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
- Impeccable client relationship skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proactive attitude, commitment, and high motivation
- Ability to speak, read, and write in French is preferred.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other EY Canada's offers that may interest you