This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY's commitment to the quality and integrity of our audits is exemplified by our global audit methodology and our thorough quality controls that are applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable us to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. We currently are seeking for qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity as Assurance Managers for our Assurance group which is rapidly growing.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year.
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered.
- Participate in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client. Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Delegate work successfully. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed. Generate new business opportunities.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- Post-graduate diploma or degree in Accounting preferred
Canadian CPA auditor professional accounting designation, or a reciprocal CPA auditor designation recognized with the CICA mandatory
To qualify, candidates must have
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm
- Excellent project management skills
- Possess bilingual language skills (English and French)
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
Integrity within a professional environment
What We Look For
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What Working At EY Offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other EY Canada's offers that may interest you