This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER - Extendicare Starwood
Candidates are invited to apply for the above full-time position to work at our 192 bed long-term care facility, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Support Services Manager manages the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance departments to achieve high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, to provide quality linen service, and to maintain a safe, well-functioning physical plant, all within ECI’s policies and procedures, and all applicable standards, legislation and regulations.
- Maintain all aspects of hiring and performance management of departmental staff; scheduling; staff development, including identification and delivery of department-specific orientation and training.
- Supervision of contractors’ work to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations.
- Preparation and management of departmental budgets; inventory management and control, including purchase of departmental supplies and equipment.
- Maintenance of departmental policy and procedure manuals; full participation in leadership team activities and responsibilities, including participation on teams and committees, and reporting.
- Contract tendering in consultation with ECI consultants, and with approval of Administrator.
- All aspects of management of quality and quantity of services and products provided/ produced by departmental staff.
- All aspects of departmental safety program management, including preventative maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Maintenance of records, statistics, and reports in accordance with ECI and home policies, and all applicable legislation and standards.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and/or, if there are none, prevailing practices relating to housekeeping, laundry and maintenance, as applicable
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Environmental services certificate in a recognised program
- Experience in management of human and financial resources an asset
- Experience in a long term care setting, an asset
- Formal training in building maintenance or Operator B Certificate, an asset.
- Health and safety certification, an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Human Resources Generalist
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you