This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSES (Part Time) - Extendicare Lakefield
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Registered Practical Nurses are invited to apply for Part Time positions to work at our Extendicare Lakefield facility, a 100-bed long-term care home, located in Lakefield, Ontario.
Reporting to the Registered Nurse, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provide within established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Nursing Experience in long-term care required
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you