This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
REGISTERED NURSE/ REGISTERED PSYCHIATRIC NURSE - EXTENDICARE MAYERTHORPE
2 FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Candidates are invited to apply for permanent full time employment as Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our 50 bed Continuing Care facility located in the rural and progressive community of MAYERTHORPE, Alberta. Position is Day shift.
The Registered Nurse’s role is to deliver nursing care and services in keeping with the Code of Ethics and Standards of the Nursing College (CARNA or CRPNA), Provincial Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Canada Inc.
- Ensure resident care is provided within established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies.
- Use the Nursing Process of Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate a resident health, and develop individualized resident care plans
- Oversees Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, care plan development and addresses family concerns
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates the work of LPN and Health Care Aide staff
- Assists in orientating, mentoring and competency development of staff
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and acts as a champion of customer satisfaction and customer service
- Demonstrates commitment to working with seniors and excellent public relations practices
- Demonstrates charge and leadership skills
- Current licensure with CARNA or CRPNA required
- Previous managerial /supervisory experience in Long Term Care desirable
- Previous experience with MDS 2.0
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of wound management, infection control, dementia care, least restraint, and zero lift practices
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizing, planning, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Competitive salary and benefits as per Employee Handbook including recognition of previous experience as may be applicable.
CLOSING DATE: positions open until qualified candidate selected.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Hazel Smelt RN Director of Care
Mayerthorpe Extendicare, Box 569, 4706-54th Street, Mayerthorpe, Alberta T0E 1N0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 780-786-4710
If you are a team player; customer service oriented; a caring and skilled health professional with demonstrated interest in working with seniors, we invite your application.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you