This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
REGISTERED NURSE (Casual) - Extendicare Michener Hill
Candidates are invited to apply for the above Casual position to work at our home, 220-bed Long-Term Care, 60-bed Supportive Living Home in Red Deer, Alberta. Under the direction of the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse’s role is to deliver nursing care and services in keeping with the Code of Ethics and Standards of the Nursing College (CARNA), Provincial Long-Term Care Standards and Extendicare Canada Inc.
- Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will:
- Ensure resident care is provided within established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies.
- Use the Nursing Process of Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate a resident health, and develop individualized resident care plans
- Oversees Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, care plan development and addresses family concerns
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates the work of LPN and Health Care Aide staff
- Assists in orientating, mentoring and competency development of staff
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and acts as a champion of customer satisfaction and customer service
- Demonstrates commitment to working with seniors and excellent public relations practices
- Demonstrates charge and leadership skills
- Registered Nurse with good standing
- Current licensure with CARNA required
- Previous managerial /supervisory experience in Long-Term Care desirable
- Previous experience with MDS 2.0
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of wound management, infection control, dementia care, least restraint, and zero lift practices
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizing, planning, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary and benefits as per the Collective Agreement including recognition of previous experience as may be applicable.
- Must be able to provide current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must be committed to single employer status during pandemic.
Interested applicants may forward their resume to Marie Rusk at MRusk@extendicare.com
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you