This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
RECEPTIONIST (Part-Time, Permanent) - Villa Colombo Toronto
(Every Other Weekend)
This position is available at a home/community affiliated with Extendicare Inc. The successful candidate would be employed directly by the affiliated home, not Extendicare Inc.
Candidates are invited to apply for the above positions to work at Villa Colombo Services for Seniors, a 391-bed long-term care facility, located in Toronto, Ontario.
The incumbent will report to the Supervisor, Scheduling and Payroll.
- Greets and directs visitors and provides information, as appropriate.
- Accepts mail, parcels and directs them to appropriate person or department.
- Stamps outgoing mail and ensures delivery to mailbox/ post office.
- Prepares packages for couriers and arranges appropriate delivery service for all departments.
- Assists residents with their mail and other requests.
- Completes general / miscellaneous typing and photocopying.
- Transmits faxes for all departments and distributes all in-coming faxes.
- Distributes complaint reports, employment and volunteer applications, medical and dental forms, etc., as requested.
- Monitors the Emergency Response System through the main monitor situated in the Administration area at Villa Colombo. Answers calls from clients and responds to calls according to the approved procedure, when necessary.
- Performs assigned duties in emergency situations as outlined in the Emergency Procedure Manual.
- Assists the Resident Services Scheduling Coordinator with replacement/sick calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2- 3 years Receptionist Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Post secondary education an asset.
- Exceptional organizational, observational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer
- Able to handle difficult situations in a professional and confidential manner
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate employee and resident safety strategies
- Ability to interact with seniors including those that are cognitively impaired
- Works independently as well as within a team
- Experience in scheduling an asset
- Ability to speak Italian a definite asset
- Experience working in long-term care an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset
CLOSING DATE: October 31, 2020
Interested applicants may forward their resume and cover letter to the attention of: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Villa Colombo’s policies, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Villa Colombo’s hiring process. To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you