This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
PROGRAM MANAGER (Full-Time) - Orchard Villa
This position is available at a home/community affiliated with Extendicare Inc. The successful candidate would be employed directly by the affiliated home, not Extendicare Inc.
At Orchard Villa it’s the people that make a difference. Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve? Are you ready to be a valued leader in an organization? Do you want to be a part of a caring, creative and dynamic team? If so, Orchard Villa’s Programs Department is looking for you!
As a Program Leader, you will be accountable for:
- Understanding and promoting the Residents Bill of Rights
- Assisting the Director in developing programs and schedules, including providing creative input and ideas for programs and volunteer recruitment
- Completing timely, individualized and up to date resident assessments and resident profiles at admission
- Demonstrating cultural sensitivity in communicating with residents, planning individualized programs and grouping residents of similar backgrounds and interests
This role is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic team member with:
- Post-secondary diploma or Degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university
- Experience in long term care in developing/ leading programs for residents with varied physical and cognitive ability
- Knowledge of community resources within the service area and able to relate to them in a professional manner
- Commitment to ongoing education to meet resident’s needs and legislative requirements
- Fluently bilingual in English and French
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge with technology in programming for virtual or remote communications such as Zoom, Skype, Facetime, using different devices.
CLOSING DATE: December 5, 2020
Interested applicants should apply through the link below:
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you