This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN)
Extendicare Port Hope is hiring Part Time shifts and casual work for our 128 bed Long-Term Care Home in Port Hope, Ontario - located very close to the 401.
Why Extendicare Port Hope
You will be joining a team that is dedicated and knowledgeable. We have resident assignments as low as 1:6 or 7 on Days and 1:8 on Evenings! We have innovative scheduling. Throughout this pandemic time, we have offered all Part Time employees additional hours up to full time.
Under the direction of Registered Staff, the IEN would be working as a PSW. You will provide direct personal and nursing care to residents, filling their physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs, in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
- Offer support at providing direct care for residents; supports with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Support with meal service and provide assistance as required.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Participate in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- You are a dedicated, skilled nurse registered outside of Canada and you are hoping to continue your career in health care in Ontario.
- You can work independently and as part of a team
- You can provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans.
- You can communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- You can read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Send your resume to:
Yvonne Gaudaur, Director of Care
360 Croft Street
Port Hope, Ontario L1A 4K8
Fax: (905) 885-5328
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you