DIETARY AIDE - Extendicare Lakefield
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centers as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Candidates are invited to apply for the Part Time Dietary Aide position to work at Extendicare Lakefield, a 100-bed long-term care facility, located in Lakefield, Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide assists with food preparation and serving of meals. Cleans eating, cooking, storage, and serving areas, as well as equipment. Follow established policies, procedures, and standards.
Applicants must be available for on-call shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables, and fruits. Follow basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts, and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads, and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans, and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assemble nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act required. If enrolled, you must complete the program within three (3) years of hire date.
- Current Food Handler's Certificate
- Previous dietary experience preferred in LTC (Long Term Care) Home 0-1 year(s).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Successful candidates must be available for workdays, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays
CLOSING DATE: January 31st, 2023
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Tel: (705) 652-7112
Fax: (705) 652-7733
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.