This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Compensation Consultant, located at our Corporate Office, located in Markham, Ontario.
The Compensation Consultant is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and administration of competitive compensation programs that are innovative, compliant, cost effective and which support Extendicare’s Total Rewards and Compensation strategy. Acting as a subject matter expert, you add value by applying technical expertise to support the development of compensation programs, preparing compensation reports, presentations and analysis for senior management. In this role, you will report to the Senior Director of Total Rewards and join a highly motivated team at an exciting time with the implementation of Workday.
- Conducts internal and external research and makes recommendations for the design and administration of pay structures (base pay, short and long-term incentives) for executives, non-union and unionized employees.
- Actively participates in the annual processes attached to the Total Rewards area, including salary and bonus reviews, and annual budgeting processes.
- Provides advice, guidance and training to leaders, people managers and HR Business Partners in the interpretation and administration of the organization's compensation programs and processes with a focus on service and designing programs that meet the business needs.
- Conducts job evaluation and revisits inconsistency regarding the job catalogue, salary grades and wage grids;
- Produces compensation reports to consolidate and analyzes relevant data.
- Drives efficiency and effectiveness through continuous process improvement, automation and streamlining.
- Conducts and participates in total rewards surveys.
- Supports compensation communications, ensuring HR Business Partners, people managers and employees receive timely and easy to understand information on their compensation programs.
- Manages third party market research, including the cost-effective collection, modeling and analysis of compensation data, providing meaningful insights and action plans.
- Works closely with the Benefits Analyst in answering inquiries and enhancing benefits and retirement savings program/process.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Director, works with and provides direction to third-party administrators or service providers (benefits, retirement savings and other Total Rewards plan providers).
- Acts as a subject matter to the ERP project team by providing ongoing support and enhancement of benefits and compensation programs / processes for a successful Workday implementation.
- Works closely with other Extendicare functions, both at the Central Office and in the field, and with employees at all levels, in furtherance of departmental goals.
- Participates in or leads projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related discipline from recognized educational institution or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the compensation. Experience with benefits/retirement savings fields would be considered an asset.
- CCP designation (completed or in progress); CEBS or other equivalent designation an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint. Working knowledge of other MS Office Suite products.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS, preferably Workday.
- Expert analytical skills with a strong detail orientation.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally, and in writing;
- An active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Customer-focused attitude, with the ability to understand, anticipate and identify customer needs.
- Solid organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; putting information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’ and generate creative solutions.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you