This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ACTIVITY AIDE (Casual) - Extendicare Van Daele
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Qualified Activity Aides are invited to apply for the above Casual Activity Aide Position to work at Extendicare’s 86 -bed long-term care home; located in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
- Identify resident needs and take appropriate action to promote their physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well being.
- Demonstrate courtesy, a positive attitude, responsibility and excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational and communicate skills.
- Demonstrate eagerness to work and flexibility in scheduling.
- Demonstrate empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care to residents.
- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual and group activation programs based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs, and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology or related health care program.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one and group program planning, implementation and evaluation..
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of:
Lisa Porco Planting, Resident Program Manager
39 Van Daele St. Sault Ste Marie, ON P6B 4V3
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Extendicare Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you