This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
COMPANY: TRANSPORT EXPLORER INC
JOB POST: Class 1 Long-Haul Truck Driver
TYPE OF TRAVEL: Long Haul international to the U.S. Being away from home for 4-6 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books.
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Education: not required
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license
- Minimum 2-3 years of verifiable experience – Class 1
- Language: English, French
- Reefer experience as asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds – hanuling may be necessary
- Possibility to transport dangerous goods
- Conditions of employment: permanent full-time position
- Number of hours per week: 60,00-70,00
- Salary offered: according to experience $68,000 - 75000 per year (21.00-24.00 $ /h)
- Other form of remuneration: at mileage $0.52 per mile
- Group insurance
- Place of work: 3621 Autoroute 440 #114, Laval, QC H7P 5P6
- Planned start date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your application by e-mail to email@example.com
Apply in person: 3621 Autoroute 440 #114, Laval, QC H7P 5P6
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Intermediate
En : Intermediate
Other Explorer Transport's offers that may interest you