This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
EXPLEO CANADA is looking for a Hardware and Standards Engineer, Basic Engineering to join a dynamic and expanding team in Mirabel, QC.
- Create, update and oversee the coordination of Engineering Standard group deliverables such as customer standards, replacement list, standard parts search catalog, fastener codes, CAGE codes, parts list spare parts (PPL) and all related data supports (equipment characteristics, test plans, study review, approval of various supplier technical documents such as qualification testing plans and procedures, qualification, etc.) so that users have quick and easy access to up-to-date approved engineering information
- Offer solutions to reduce costs by supporting the process of using common hardware on customer's products
- Provide the engineering community with the use of alternative standard parts, in support of cost reduction activities or parts shortages
- Define and oversee the creation and maintenance of deliverables for electrical components (EWIS) and non-EWIS, in a qualification database and help resolve issues related to the use of different types of components, wiring and electrical interconnections
- Perform the analysis and qualification of components. Review and approve documents
- Interact, guide and supervise the creation of standard parts (internally or abroad by a third party)
- Act as a subject matter expert to identify and ensure that standard material is suitable for their purpose
- Lead and promote awareness aimed at standardization of parts and their potential benefits (product quality, cost reduction, faster assembly completion, etc.)
- Identify issues and organize meetings to discuss and clarify disagreements between functions for better use of standard parts
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, mentoring and training to staff
- Participate in industry, aerospace and government conferences related to standard parts.
- College diploma (DEC) in aerotechnics, or mechanical engineering, or a bachelor's degree in engineering
- Experience of at least 5 years in the management of standardized parts of aircraft. Integration of mechanical systems and integration of electrical wiring interconnection systems is an asset
- Understanding of the qualification process for aeronautical parts
- Excellent knowledge of industrial and military standards and specifications, as well as knowledge of component supplier standards
- Ability to understand and interpret aerospace standards and specifications
- Mastery of the CATIA V5 Part Design workshop
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to establish general performance specifications for high complexity systems
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to accept responsibilities in a teamwork environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in English and French.
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, production support, MRO, and quality services, with a presence in over 30 countries. To find out more, visit www.expleogroup.com
A professional and dynamic work setting
Cutting edge industrial projects that will advance your career
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. 9231-JI
Other Expleo Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you