This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Reporting to the Director - Physical Layer Business Unit, the EXFO Product Line Manager is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value Optical test & measurement solutions at fixed line and wireless telecommunications service providers. Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, sales and customers and internal marketing and R&D teams. The Product Line Manager will drive product definition, go-to-market strategy and will have responsibility for the full life cycle management of the product portfolio. This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in a number of telecom technologies applied to both wireline and wireless networks. The successful candidate can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated and fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of EXFO’s Optical field test & measurement solutions.
Product Strategy Competencies:
- Innovative, self-motivated, business-oriented, and passionate about creating high value products for customers
- Proven track record as a Senior Product Manager recognizing market opportunities and customer needs - and turning them into successful products
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholder groups (Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Support) to collaboratively plan and operationalize product roadmap.
- Set and communicate clear priorities for the product lines based on strategic objectives, market conditions and customer requirements.
- Business acumen and an entrepreneurial mind-set bringing strong market analysis, pricing and product marketing awareness to bear as part of your product management toolkit
- Developing and evolving the overall product strategy to drive organic growth
- Developing and providing oversight of line of business strategy, technical direction, and marketing aspects of the product portfolio
- Presenting and defending investment proposals to internal executives
- Commercializing products on a global scale
- Pruning the portfolio to maximize margin while minimizing revenue erosion
- Identify relevant product and market trends, new and disruptive market opportunities for newly explored technologies or expanding existing products into new areas.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis and utilize to enhance strategic decisions and action plans.
- Strong knowledge in Optical network architecture and associated deployment trends. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with test applications and technologies (Optical, Datacom, FTTx, Wireless, Ethernet, etc.) and working experience with test & measurement (T&M) tools and methods used in telecom networks.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers.
- Experience working with Telecom Operators (Telco, CATV, MNO) and Data Center / Enterprise customers.
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in-depth conversations with customers
- Maturity and comfort level interacting with senior executives both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal to EXFO.
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
- Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
- Innovative problem solver.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an Electronics/Telecom Engineering discipline. MBA is an asset.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience in the telecom industry. Background in product management and/or business development is required.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Other languages are considered an asset.
Travel Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel globally approximately 20% - 25%
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 2276
Other EXFO inc's offers that may interest you