Posting End Date:April 13, 2022
Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non:This is a unionized positionLocal: Unifor Local 2005Primary Location: Belleville, ONNumber of Available Positions: One (1) Regular Full-Time Position
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine or Testing
COVID-19 Measures: Throughout the pandemic, Enbridge has had to make important decisions that impact our team members, and we have done so by keeping the safety of our workforce our first priority. All employees must comply with the Company’s COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy which requires employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo COVID-19 testing per Company direction.
Are you a self-motivated individual with a strong mechanical skill set? If so, we are currently looking for a Pipeline Maintenance Technician. You will be responsible to complete repair duties and maintenance on the pipeline, right-of-way and related pipeline facilities. Ensuring all work is in compliance with Enbridge safety, environmental, and operating procedures. If you got what it takes come join the Enbridge family today.What You Will Do:
- Pipeline maintenance as well as equipment repair and maintenance on the pipeline, right-of-way and related facilities. These activities include the use and safe operation of vehicles, construction equipment, cold cutting equipment, torque equipment, power/pneumatic hand tools, landscaping equipment for right-of-way maintenance.
- Provides effective assistance in emergency response activities including containment, repair and cleanup.
- Ensures all Ontario One Calls, third party crossings, and locate requests are handled/marked promptly, accurately, and safety.
- Coordinates PLM activities necessary to perform planned maintenance, Capital Projects and Emergency response.
- Assures that proper documentation is completed in all aspects of work as required. (Driving, safety, excavation, QC, equipment, PM, Maximo, etc.).
- Operate all specialized pipeline repair equipment (compressor, impacts, pipe cutters, vapour tools, torque wrenches, pumps, loaders, skid steers etc).
- Performs all duties with a high regard for safety, ensuring all work is in compliance with company safety, environmental and operating procedures/policies.
- Assist with pipeline valve maintenance, and other piping modifications as required.
- Completes weekly and monthly reports as required (timesheets, vehicle mileage, safety observations, safety inspections, expenses.
- Will be required to be placed on a rotating on-call schedule for one week in duration approximately once every six weeks.
- Completion of a high school diploma or General Education Development.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 years of related pipeline repair, maintenance and welding experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Class G driver’s license in good standing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge and experience with various handheld tools and machinery.
- Proven strong work ethic, good computer skills including MS Word & Excel, a willingness to learn and a helpful positive team attitude.
- This position requires repetitive lifting, bending, crouching, standing and lifting up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, physically demanding outdoor work.
- You will undergo various background screening that includes but is not limited to 5-year driving record, criminal check and a company sponsored medical.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com