This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Registered retirement savings plan
Vision care insurance
The time to transform the future is here and now, starting at one of the world’s largest deposits of lithium spodumene. From the Whabouchi mine to the Shawinigan processing plant, Nemaska Lithium offers you a unique opportunity to grow professionally and build stronger communities for your generation as well as the ones to come.
Are you ready to drive this 100% Quebec-based project forward? Are you excited to assist this company in building meaningful relationships with the community while achieving high environmental performance goals? Lithium offers you highly competitive wages that match your expertise, along with a full range of benefits to take care of you and your loved ones.
The Welder will carry out all types of welding, brazing, soldering, and cutting on different types of metal. He will work on-site and in the shop, using gas and electric welding equipment to perform a variety of welding-related procedures. He will carry out all tasks in a safe, efficient, and professional manner, while paying attention to work planning and sequencing.
• Perform different types of welding jobs on piping or equipment;
• Read, interpret and follow drawings or blueprints for directions on welding projects;
• Choose the proper materials and understand their characteristics;
• Use machines to shape and bend metal parts; bending presses, cutting shears, straightening and bevelling machines, grinding, filing, gouging and soldering equipment;
• Be in charge of measuring instruments (vernier scales, micrometers, gauges, etc.);
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment;
• Look after the machine tools, understand how they operate using the proper parameters;
• Perform scheduled maintenance tasks and routine checks;
• Perform tasks while complying to the company’s environmental and safety policies;
• Maintain a safe and clean workspace at all times.
• 3–5 years’ work experience in heavy equipment welding;
• Class 5 driver’s licence;
• Excellent adaptability skills;
• Available to work a 12-hour FIFO schedule, day/night alternation;
• CWB welding certification or attestation will be considered an asset;
• Understanding of computer-assisted maintenance management software (CMMS) will be considered an asset;
• Experience working in a multicultural environment will be considered an asset.
Nemaska Lithium is committed to the equal access employment program.
Only applicants retained for an interview will be contacted.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Intermediate
En : Beginner
Fr : Intermediate
En : Beginner
Internal reference No. 11542
Other Emplois Compétences - Estrie's offers that may interest you