This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we've made to the communities we work in.
You, as a Refrigeration/HVAC Technician will:
- Troubleshoot, clean, repair, replace, install and maintain refrigeration and air conditioning equipment such as fridges, freezers, ice machines, chillers, air dryers, air handling units and cooling systems of medical equipment throughout the hospital including kitchen, retail space, labs, pharmacy, clinical and patient treatment areas.
- Respond to planned and reactive maintenance requests and rectify issues within your skill set and experience as and when required
- Perform an effective preventive maintenance and maintaining all aforementioned equipment in good working condition.
- Ability to understand the advanced principles of refrigeration, air conditioning and heating, as well as, the importance of air quality in a healthcare facility.
- Assisting other team members with maintenance and project requests as required
- Operate a hand held device and maintenance software for performing and recording work requests
- Adhere and maintain departmental standards for undertaking work to meet quality standards and key performance targets
- Comply with relevant safety procedures, company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards, as well as hospital policies
- Performs any other duties as requested within your skill set and experience
Is this the right role for you?
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Valid Ontario Refrigeration Mechanic License
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in HVAC/Refrigeration maintenance
- Must be able to perform various maintenance tasks within your skill set and experience
- May be required to undertake work on a shift schedule
- You have the ability to gather information, accurately assess issues, seek support and take direction as necessary
- You are a team player and have experience in performance based service delivery and have strong customer service
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly develop working relationships with a broad range of individuals, both internally and externally
- Work within a Healthcare Facility is preferred
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability, means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other EllisDon Corporation's offers that may interest you