This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
The Digital & Data Engineering division brings together the teams who enable EllisDon to leverage technology in every aspect of its business, to push beyond traditional industry positions and drive change. Our objective is simple: to be leaders in technology just as we are leaders in building. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems for our Cradle To Grave Services, Construction operation and our clients. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within software engineering, product management, data management and analytics, professional services, virtual design, construction, and IT operations. To learn more, check out our Digital & Data Engineering services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences, and, at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we've made to the communities we work in.
You as an Assistant Superintendent - Civil will:
- Assist the Superintendent in managing work on site to ensure the compliance of construction with the drawings and specifications
- Support the Superintendent in planning and implementing schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained
- Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, and safety requirements are being followed
- Advise Superintendent and Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date cost reports and submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered within budget
Is this role right for you?
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and a minimum of four years of construction experience working on civil infrastructure projects (highways, roads, bridges, etc) or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a working knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract software
- You have ability to correctly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions in a team environment
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability, means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other EllisDon Corporation's offers that may interest you