This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
You have the future of the planet at heart? Interest in smart and electrical mobility?
Effenco is a pioneer business in electrification and advanced connectivity of heavy-duty vocational vehicles. Our head office is located on the outskirts of the Lachine canal, in a historical building from the south-west industrialization era. The work atmosphere is typical of a technological start-up company, thus creative and casual. Created in 2006, this innovative business is in the high-growth phase and is looking to further expand its business unit on vehicle connectivity and data enhancements.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the process optimizations and to suggest new ideas. Furthermore, we offer a flexible work environment that enables you to progress in your career while achieving personal development.
ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Mechanical Designer will join the Industrialization team and will be primarily responsible for ensuring the technical success of Effenco's products, from conception to completion. He/she will design mechanical and electromechanical designs for heavy, hybrid, and electrical vehicles. More specifically, he/she will have to:
- Define industrialization requirements according to internal and external criteria.
- Proceed to the selection of the required materials and manufacturing processes.
- Conduct trials and tests on models and prototypes.
- Determine manufacturing cost estimates and request bids.
- Create design documentation: 3D model, manufacturing drawing, assembly drawing.
- Manage the verification process of the designers' drawings and technical documentation (ECN/ECR).
- Work with the R&D, quality, and production departments to design the product.
- Perform assembly and qualification of prototypes and first production units.
- Ensure the follow-up of the product life cycle.
- Ensure product compliance according to the standards and directives of the targeted markets.
- All other related tasks.
- A full-time permanent position with a flexible schedule.
- A company that offers real career opportunities.
- Inclusive and open-minded manager and direction.
- A company that appears on Global Cleantech 100.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the high-technology industry.
- Experience in the automotive industry (an asset).
- Advanced knowledge of CAD/CAM software.
- Advanced mechanical design and analysis skills.
- Bilingualism demonstrated oral and written (French and English).
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes: die casting, machining, sheet metal.
- Experience in mechanical design in an environment involving: vibration, water, heat, and cold.
- Understanding of ESD/EMI principles.
- Knowledge of PTC Creo 5.0 and PTC Windchill (asset).
- Finite element analysis, FEA (an asset).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adaptation, team player, autonomous, and resourceful.
- Advanced knowledge of the Office 365 Suite and the collaborative tools.
- Availability to travel 25% of the time
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. Designer mécanique sénior
Other effenco's offers that may interest you