This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. With decades of driving innovation, the world’s largest companies trust DXC to deploy our enterprise technology stack to deliver new levels of performance, competitiveness and customer experiences. Learn more about the DXC story and our focus on people, customers and operational execution at www.dxc.technology..
· Responsible for the implementation, support, and configuration standards of desktops and laptops within a dynamic computing environment. This includes PC based hardware and software, and the configuration of desktop software using automated distribution tools (SCCM)
· Design, configure and package Consumer Off-the-shelf (COTS), customer-written, in-house written applications.
· Design, configure and package End user device builds.
· Work with existing and emerging desktop technologies to support solutions and takes into customer requirements, industry best practices and CSC experience
· Work with other lines of business such as Platform, Network, Security, Storage, Service Center teams to capture requirements to further improve the solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide third level support, customer consultation and the investigation, evaluation and implementation of solutions.
· Devise and provide solutions for the desktop service. The current technology platforms include, but not limited to, SCCM, VMware, Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
· Component provider for the following service elements: End-user access devices (ex: thin client management solution, Android, iPad tablets and Windows PCs.
· Duties include the authoring of design documents, test plans and engineering acceptance documents.
· Maintenance of the selected hardware and software products roadmap.
· Automation of desktop service device and provide solutions for automating the deployment of the solution.
· Develop relevant automation scripts and program an automation framework to automate the deployment of the service.
· Write relevant design, process and user guides.
· Capturing service and user requirements to further improve the automation.
· Capture requirements for further automating the solution build. Recommend and devise solution based on prioritization of captured requirements.
· Work with team leadership to determine implementation and, if required, development plans to implement stated requirements.
· Capture requirements, recommendations, and design documentation to implement.
· Maintains currency regarding technological, process and/or other advances, specifically in line of service, to ensure team performance and to achieve team objectives.
· Recommends and implements enhancements in order to ensure efficiencies.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Provides technical services or acts as a lead in support of project work; works with project teams to implement defined technical activities, such as enhancing or designing solutions for customers
· Creating new solutions, scripts and diagnostic tools to resolve problems and enhance service offering.
Education and Experience
· University degree in computer science, or Technical college diploma in computer programming plus 5 years industry experience
· Must possess subject matter expertise (SME) and must be recognized as an expert resource by peers and management in the product area of responsibility.
The main technical skills are:
1. Must meet CGP clearance criteria mandatory
2.�� Bilingual - English and French, mandatory
3. Batch file (CMD/BAT) and VBS scripting, mandatory
4. Creation of script/package to automate software installation and deployment, mandatory
5. 5+ years experience and strong knowledge of PC architecture of all Microsoft operating systems / environments, remote computing technologies, end user computing devices, workflow and task automation framework as well as programming concepts, mandatory
6. In-depth knowledge and experience of software integration, mandatory
7. Advance troubleshooting/technical support skills, mandatory
8. Advance integrations skills, mandatory
9. Very good analytical and problem-solving spirit, mandatory
10. Strong knowledge of all Microsoft operating systems, mandatory
11. Proven experience in planning, developing, implementing and integrating PC application software, developing standard PC software and related support, mandatory
12. Knowledge of the WinPE environment as well as WIM images, an advantage
13. Knowledge of software installation automation with Windows Installer (MSI), Wise Package Studio, InstallShield, InstallShield AdminStudio or others), an advantage
14. PowerShell scripting, an advantage
15. Knowledge of SCCM, an advantage
16. Programming in VB or Visual Studio, an advantage
17. Active Directory -Group Policies, an advantage
18. Networking (Cisco VPN, remote computing, network protocols, network sniffer analysis), an advantage
19. Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with a good understanding of network communication concepts, protocols and tools, an advantage
20. Should be able to prepare and give periodic presentations to small-to-medium sized groups, an advantage
21. Technical project management skills, an advantage
22. Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients, an advantage
23. Strong communication skills, an advantage
24. Organization skills to balance and prioritize work, an advantage
25. Responsible for authoring clear written communications (e.g. End user or customer documentation, process documentation), an advantage
This position is a full-time, permanent position in Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other DXC Technology's offers that may interest you