This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
dormakaba: ranked in the top 100 global tech leaders by Thomson Reuters!
The dormakaba Group is one of the top three companies in the global market for access and security solutions. The company is a single source provider of products, solutions and services related to doors and secure access to buildings and rooms. No matter where you are, if you need reliable and innovative access and security solutions, we will provide you high quality service - in hotels, shops, sports facilities, airports, hospitals, at home or in the office. Around the globe.
With over 16,000 employees worldwide (over 500 in Montreal), dormakaba is present in over 130 countries and has more than 150 years of experience. The dormakaba Group is headquartered in Rümlang, Switzerland, and generates annual revenues of over 3 billion dollars CAD.
dormakaba offers you a career not a job. Join us now and make a real difference in creating the next generation of products and services. Visit our website www.dormakaba.com
As the Senior Manager, Distribution & Logistics, you will report directly to the Plant Manager, dormakaba Montreal. You will be responsible for all areas of our distribution channels through inbound and outbound inventory. You will be accountable for key metrics and KPIs coming out of our Distribution and Warehouses departments for ensuring high standards have been set and are implemented/respected.
You will also oversee the strategy of the department to meet the goals of the company. In this role you will need to be a collaborator with the ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
You are a change agent with organizational savvy capable of securing the resources to push your projects ahead.
• Lead warehouse and distribution Center supervisors and warehouse functions
• Engage and develop your direct team through coaching, support, and regular feedback
• Establish and measure KPIs to drive performance such as:
on time delivery (OTD) performance
labor productivity as measured by the number of line items picked by employee, number or orders by employee, number of lines shipped by employee, etc.
measure and manage the number of shipping errors
measure and manage shipping costs
measure and manage inventory (Monitor and ensure required stock counts are executed)
• Meet with internal stakeholders to identify key opportunities to improve and streamline desired outcomes and to ensure inventory levels are aligned to forecast
• Ensure products are optimally stored across the warehouses and provide full scale recommendations for ways to improve space capacity and organization
• Responsible for storage and stock movement between each department
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or production
• Create policies or procedures for logistics activities
• Continuously review and optimize inventory and logistics management processes
• Manage within labor and OPEX budget, with a particular focus on performance improvement initiatives that deliver against targets
• Perform cycle count inventory on-site and Logistics Audits at off-site Distribution Warehouses
• Perform customs trade and inventory compliance on-site audits
• Analyze results to determine root causes, gather statistics and recommend solutions; manage and control strategic min/max initiatives
• Coordinate C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism)
• Ensure compliance to import and export regulations. To be sure all shipments meet countries regulations and apply countries agreement where is applicable
• Customs audit and NAFTA compliance. Respond to US and Canadian Customs audit (CF28) and ensure our products are NAFTA compliance
• Ensure carriers compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
• Minimum 6-8 years related leadership experience operating in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment
• University degree in logistic, management or related sciences
• Data and objective oriented
• Solid leadership skills
• Experience of leading change and the application of continuous improvement processes in the workplace to deliver performance improvements
• Ability to negotiate successfully for resources, budgets, and schedules
• Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact
• Excellent planning and resource allocation skills
• Experience of ISO, and Good Manufacturing Practices
• Proficient with analytical and reporting tools with the ability to present clear information
• Excellent change management skills, can bring needed change to light and execute as needed
• Knowledge of CNESST legislation
• Bilingualism (French & English) required
• Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization, its executive team and customers
• Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel)
• Skills with ERP system (Enterprise Resource Planning). An advantage with Axapta and or SAP
• A fast-growing international company
• A stimulating, fast and friendly work environment
• An opportunity to highly contribute to the success of the company
• Competitive global compensation
• Free parking and on-site cafeteria
• A 3-minute walk from Namur metro station
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
dormakaba is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Please note that the sole purpose of the use of the masculine is to simplify the text.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. DirecteurDistributionLogistique
Other dormakaba's offers that may interest you