This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
Company supplied uniform
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
- Provide leadership for developing and directing manufacturing and plant initiatives for all company products
- Oversee the training process for machinists in problem-solving techniques and on-the-spot production troubleshooting.
- Determine optimum manufacturing processes and raw material usage
- Manage manufacturing employees, support workers, and mechanical engineers; and provide them with scope of work; scope of hours for completion and discussions about any potential bottlenecks
- Schedule jobs on machines to ensure there is a steady flow of work and no hold ups
- Schedule projects to ensure material is purchased when needed and that assigned tasks have been completed by the completion date provided to the customer
- Update customers on the progress of their jobs
- Procure material/tools needed for production as well as general shop
- Identify new vendors
- Identify areas for waste reduction.
- Develop plant or process flow layouts to improve productivity
- Create and maintain production and manufacturing documentation
- Identify relevant training needs and opportunities.
- Work with the administrative staff to provide at least 48 hours’ notice of any machines that need to be shipped in/out of the facility
- Manage the shipping and receiving process on the shop floor
- Schedule preventative maintenance on our machines
- Review daily timecards to ensure that hours are allotted to the correct jobs/work centre
- Hold weekly meetings to discuss progress of jobs on the shop floor as well as any bottlenecks
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Language of work: English
Wage: $100,000 plus the possibility for bonus.
Benefits: - 3 weeks’ vacation/year
- Health and Dental coverage (80/20)
- Life insurance for employee and spouse
- Company phone and laptop
Work Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work experience: Minimum five years’ experience working in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a manufacturing facility required
Ability to read blueprints and drawings required
College or university diploma in business administration required
Minimum five years’ experience quoting jobs and controlling costs preferred
Minimum five years’ experience in purchasing materials and working with mechanical and electrical engineers preferred
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
Fr : Beginner
En : Advanced
Other DiPaolo Machine Tools Ltd.'s offers that may interest you