This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal; Toronto
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you want to work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment? Are you looking for a new opportunity in technology? Look no further!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager in Technology Advisory you will:
- Lead the planning and execution of projects primarily associated with Blackline and Workiva implementation
- Manage a small team (2-4) to facilitate the technology implementation with clients, and/or provide post-selection Technology services related to Solution Implementation
- Review client deliverables prepared by staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and/or support local office teams around the country and/or internationally
- Keep current on new software functionality and its proper use
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications both internal and external
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Utilize enterprise systems to design solutions that streamline client’s financial process and improve efficiency
About the team
Our Accounting Infrastructure Assurance team focuses on enabling CFO’s and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - “How” Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and “Fix Finance” projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Technology Advisory services from assessments, selections, and implementation advisory.
The Technology practice within our Accounting Infrastructure Assurance team is rapidly expanding. The Technology team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their financial services through the use of technology.
A career in Technology will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Identify needs and develop technological solutions to complex financial problems through debate and discussion, in teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Assume role as designed in-house Blackline and Workiva expert, training colleges and clients on how best each system can fit their financial needs.
Blackline is a SaaS application that automates different steps in the financial close process including; account reconciliation, task management, matching transactions, system-to-system tie outs, variance analysis, and centralization of journal entry postings. While Workiva is a PaaS application that allows for the streamlining of financial reporting and data collection by decreasing reliance on spreadsheets and improving security features for additional compliance. The candidate would ideally be highly motivated with experience using Blackline and/or Workiva; knowledge and experience with other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CPM (Corporate Performance Management) tools is an asset, along with any experience supporting clients through all phases of the implementation lifecycle.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance, CPA/CA designation;
- Strong communication skills in French and English (both written and verbal);
- Minimum 6 years of work experience including at least one system implementation and understanding of the different phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Experience in Finance, Audit, or IT will be considered as a very strong asset;
- Must possess strong Financial and Non-Financial Process documentation skills, including, but not limited to: Flowchart diagrams, System landscape diagrams, identification of gaps or weaknesses in processes from both a Systems as well as Financial Controls perspective;
- Minimally, functional knowledge of Blackline and Workiva; experience with major ERP and Software solutions including NetSuite, SAP, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Insights, and IBM Cognos considered a strong asset;
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial processes and controls, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management (GAAP and IFRS) and strong understanding of the financial close and reporting process is critical;
- Ability to analyze requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros/cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the “what is required” into the “how it’s done)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you