- Start applying with LinkedIn
- Apply Now
- Please wait...
Date: Jan 31, 2023
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Type: [[filter6]]
Reference code: 117581
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
As a Senior Manager, you will build long-term relationships with senior executive clients (i.e., C-suite, EVP, SVP level). You will also identify and lead business development opportunities; assume overall leadership in the delivery of projects, supported by a core team of consultants; apply a strong knowledge of multiple industries and business practices; contribute to the growth and development of Deloitte’s Strategy & Business Design practice (Monitor Deloitte); and create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs. To be eligible for this role, you must be legally able to work in Canada - the ability to enter the USA and Chile to work on client assignments is also an asset.
Client engagements are predominantly in industries and organizations facing important, often profound, transitions. Engagements are typically driven by CEOs, business unit heads and other members of the senior management team. Client engagements may be as short as a few months, but can also evolve into multi-year, wide-ranging and transformative relationships. We not only bring our clients the insight and unconventional thinking that help them form strategies to anticipate disruption and respond to change - we also use our experience and knowledge to help them bring those strategies to life.
Senior Managers are leaders within the Strategy and Business Design practice (Monitor Deloitte) of Deloitte consulting’s SAMA portfolio (Strategy, Analytics and Mergers & Acquisitions), principally responsible for business development and overall project delivery leadership. Senior Managers bring deep industry knowledge and expertise, such that they are viewed both internally and externally as “subject matter experts.” Additionally, Senior Managers are positioned directly below Partners and play an important internal role in firm management, leading practice-building initiatives and actively contributing to the practice’s distinct culture as organizational role models.
Specific responsibilities for our Senior Managers:
• Cultivate and build long term relationships with senior executive clients (i.e., C-suite, EVP, SVP level) of companies in Financial Services Sectors (e.g., Wealth, Insurance, Banking)
• Identify and lead business development opportunities
• Set the intellectual agenda for all client engagements for which they are responsible
• Assume overall leadership in the delivery of projects, supported by a core team of Consultants
• Offer deep expertise in areas of specialization - industry and skill-specific (Financial Services and Insurance; Government and Public Sector; or Energy, Resources and Industrials)
• Cultivate an internal and external brand as a leading business advisor
• Apply a strong knowledge of industry trends and business practices
• Contribute to the growth and development of the practice
• Actively participates in professional association, industry, firm and community events
• Create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs
• Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development)
• Actively mentor and coach team members and other junior resources across the practice
Monitor Deloitte (Deloitte Consulting’s ‘Strategy & Business Design’ Practice) works with the world’s leading and most ambitious corporations, governments and social sector organizations to address issues that are most important to them-often working to resolve the highest-order strategic choices that fundamentally affect the future direction of their organizations.
Monitor Deloitte is a team within Deloitte’s Consulting practice. At Monitor Deloitte, we partner with companies to help solve their most complex challenges, build competitive advantage and deliver lasting positive change. This role at Monitor Deloitte offers the opportunity to learn, work, and grow as part of our team. With our collaborative approach to consulting, that brings skillsets from a wide array of backgrounds together, you will learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching. Our project-based environment means you will work with a broad range of clients across industries and apply your abilities in numerous different ways. Have many careers in One Firm.
If you are you a natural problem-solver who enjoys working with and leading diverse teams and developing business solutions, this role could be for you.
Want to learn more about Monitor Deloitte? Follow us on LinkedIn here for updates from the practice and publications on our perspectives.
As a Senior Manager, you must have:
• A strong academic record with an MBA or comparable graduate degree
• A minimum 10 years of professional consulting experience in the financial services sector
• An understanding of and/or experience in the management consulting profession
• Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through complex engagements
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
• Superior verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
• Experience with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, decision making facilitation, documentation, stakeholder management, project profitability and team leadership
• Must speak French
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who can clearly demonstrate the following:
• Outstanding records of academic / professional achievement
• Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, and/or extracurricular setting
• Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking to solve ambiguous problems
• An entrepreneurial spirit with experience in business development as well as marketing acumen and expertise
• Ability to advise clients operating in multiple industries
• Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated experience making a positive impact in their work and communities
• Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada
• The ability to enter the USA and work on client assignments is an asset
• The ability to enter the EU and other developed countries is an asset
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Job Segment: M&A, Consulting, Finance MBA, QC, Developer, Management, Technology, Finance, Quality
- Start applying with LinkedIn
- Apply Now
- Please wait...