This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant (SC), you will determine the appropriate framework to approach a problem; build relationships with clients at multiple levels; design qualitative and quantitative research tools; understand the client’s market and customer base using online and offline tools (industry reports, annual reports, etc.) and synthesize findings; assess and understand clients’ key issues, identifying business strategies to help them succeed; investigate and define operational improvements and lead the creation of presentation and communication materials.
Within Strategy and Business Design (Previously Monitor Deloitte), other duties SC will:
- Work with Managers to set and drive problem solving approach for all client engagements for which they are involved.
- Take a leading role in the overall delivery of project deliverables.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior practitioners.
- Offer expertise in areas of specialization.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the practice.
- Support and lead internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development).
About the team
Senior Consultants are integral members of their case teams. The principal role of the Senior Consultant is to advance the client's long-term competitive position, largely by collecting and analyzing business data, identifying and framing critical strategic choices, and designing and facilitating implementation and change processes. The Senior Consultant works as part of a joint client / Monitor Deloitte team to identify and analyze the critical strategic choices the client faces, recommend strategies for building sustainable competitive advantage, and to catalyze those strategies into action.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Senior Consultant, you are a high-performing and dynamic candidate who possesses a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
- A strong academic record with MBA or comparable graduate degree preferred.
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience in consulting or internal strategy/transformation role
- Strong quantitative aptitude (e.g., financial analysis, business-casing, ability to work with data sets
- Background or past experience in technology, energy and/or digital strategy.
- Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking.
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, managing client expectations, project delivery and team leadership.
- Experience within transformational projects/initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Deloitte's offers that may interest you